The Graduate Certificate Program in Gerontology is designed to provide supplementary graduate education in Gerontology. The certificate is available to those who:
- Are advanced standing undergraduates at UNC Charlotte and qualify for Early Entry into the Gerontology Graduate Certificate
- Have completed a bachelors degree, at UNC Charlotte or elsewhere, and seek advanced education in aging studies
- Have completed a bachelors degree, at UNC Charlotte or elsewhere, and seek a meaningful "gap year" education while preparing for advanced graduate studies
- Have completed another graduate degree, at UNC Charlotte or elsewhere, and seek advanced education in aging studies
- Are completing a graduate degree at UNC Charlotte and want to add a concentration in aging to their studies
The Graduate Certificate in Gerontology at UNC Charlotte requires the completion of a foundational course as well as elective courses related to the study of aging. Gerontology at UNC Charlotte is both interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary, integrating materials from various disciplines and requiring students to study aging from a variety of perspectives.